We would like to think our new name reflects our vision which was originally outlined in our improvement strategy...
Fundamentally our vision is about providing core IT services and solutions as opposed to the whole gambit associated with health informatics' provision. We shall focus on innovative and efficient solutions to directly support our customers' respective strategic aims and the health community as a whole.
Guidance from NHS identity states a requirement for a geographical reference in the name and it must describe what we do, so breaking it down:
- Hampshire. NHS identity suggested we use our hosting organisation's location
- IT. This is the most widely recognised term which covers what we're about
- Solutions. This sounds fresh and more friendly than the usual term of 'services' and it's exactly what we want to be about in the future; providing customers with IT solutions.
ideas - technology - results, is short, says what we do and sparks belief and positivity. Breaking it down further:
- Ideas. Reflects our desire to include all staff and encourage generation of ideas which will hopefully lead to innovative solutions
- Technology. Is what we will apply, often in a most innovative manner, to achieve 'results'.
- Results. This is how our customers will measure our success.